Travel Advisory (updated July 16)
Glacier National Park Lodges 2020 Operations
• Cedar Creek Lodge just outside of the park is open.
• Lake McDonald Lodge and Village Inn at Apgar are now open.
• Rising Sun Motor Inn & Cabins is CLOSED for the 2020 Season. Two Dog Flats Grill and the Camp Store are open.
• Many Glacier Hotel and Swiftcurrent Motor Inn & Cabins are CLOSED for the 2020 Season.
• Red Bus Tours will not run for the 2020 season.
• For the latest information about Glacier National Park, please visit the National Park Service’s website.
• All visitors are required to wear face coverings while in the indoor public areas of our facilities and in outdoor areas where proper distancing is not possible.
We’re sorry the circumstances do not allow us to fully open our operations at Glacier National Park for the 2020 season. If you have flexibility, Xanterra operates other national park destinations that have availability this summer including the Grand Canyon and Death Valley.
Discover the Popular Lodging Choice for Day Hikers
Gateway to many of Glacier’s most spectacular trails, Swiftcurrent Motor Inn & Cabins is located just one mile from Many Glacier Hotel in a setting that is a hiker’s paradise.
2020 Dates – Opens: July 1, 2020 | Closes: September 13, 2020*
*All properties open at 12 p.m. on opening day and close at 12 p.m. closing day. No services are available prior to opening day or after closing day.
There are 95 rustic cabin and motor inn rooms, a restaurant, fully stocked campstore and gift shop and outdoor activities at this picturesque location. Swiftcurrent is the stepping-off place for the trail that leads over Swiftcurrent Pass. Trails also lead to Iceberg Lake, Ptarmigan Lake and the unique 183-foot Ptarmigan Tunnel which was constructed for use by horseback riders as well as hikers.
Swiftcurrent Motor Inn & Cabins consists of rooms divided between three individual motel-style units with outside access. Pinetop motel rooms are located in one long building and are accessed by a central hallway. Cabins, arranged in circles, are available, some with a private bathroom. A bathroom and shower facility is conveniently located within walking distance from the cabin circles. All cabins are heated and those without a private bath do have a private sink with cold running water. All guest rooms are provided sheets, towels, blankets, pillows, and basic amenities. Swiftcurrent Motor Inn & Cabins also offers laundry facilities for a minimal fee. Cooking is not permitted in or around the cabins or motel rooms.
A limited number of ADA-accessible motel rooms are available as well one special ADA- accessible cabin. These rooms are booked based on availability. Only designated guide, service, and/ or hearing companion animal are allowed in the motor inn rooms and cabins. All rooms and facilities are non-smoking.
|Historic one bedroom cabin without bathroom
|Historic two bedroom cabin without bathroom
|Historic one bedroom cabin with bathroom
|Large one bedroom cabin with bathroom
|Pinetop Motel room
|Motor Inn Room
Book your trip
*Rates based on double occupancy except for family units. Rates and dates may change without notice. All room rates are subject to applicable taxes and/or utility surcharges and do not include the current room tax or utility surcharge. Review our Cancellation Policy
- Down Alternative, eco-smart pillows
- Energy efficient lighting
- Recycle bin
- Alarm clock
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Coffee maker (not available in Pinetop)
- WiFi (very limited)
- Swiftcurrent Motor Inn – Gift Shop & Campstore
Phone: Toll-free within the U.S.: 855-SEEGLACIER (855-733-4522)or
Outside the U.S.: 303-29-PARKS (303-297-2757)
GPS Coordinates: 48.797712 – 113.677071