Travel Advisory (updated June 26)
Glacier National Park Lodges 2020 Operations
The 2020 operations schedule is as follows:
• Cedar Creek Lodge just outside of the park in Columbia Falls, MT is open year-round.
• Lake McDonald Lodge and Village Inn at Apgar inside the park (west side) are open for the 2020 season with reduced services.
• Many Glacier Hotel, Swiftcurrent Motor Inn & Cabins, and Rising Sun Motor Inn & Cabins will remain closed for the 2020 Season. If you have a reservation you do not need to take any action – your reservation will be canceled and your refund will be processed. The roadways accessing the east side of the park will remain closed for the 2020 season which has forced us to suspend our operations.
• Red Bus Tours will not run for the 2020 season.
• Two Medicine General Store will remain closed for the 2020 season.
• For the latest information about Glacier National Park and Going-to-the-Sun Road, please visit the National Park Service’s website.
• All visitors are required to wear face coverings while in the indoor public areas of our facilities and in outdoor areas where proper distancing is not possible.
We’re sorry the circumstances do not allow us to fully open our operations at Glacier National Park for the 2020 season. If you have flexibility, Xanterra operates other national park destinations that have availability this summer including the Grand Canyon and Death Valley.
Lodging in Glacier National Park
Known for its seemingly endless acres of rugged and breathtaking landscapes, Glacier National Park was established in 1910 and stands today as a monument to wild natural places. In 1932 Glacier National Park was designated as part of the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park. Today, it remains a symbol of shared stewardship and a testament to the important and deep-rooted relationship between Canada and the U.S. Just as the landscape and wildlife are part of the heritage of Glacier National Park, so are the historic lodges and classic Red Buses and their drivers known as “jammers.” With abundant in-park lodging, Glacier National Park Lodges stands ready to welcome the park’s visitors and help create memorable and meaningful experiences to last a lifetime.