Travel Advisory (updated July 16)
Glacier National Park Lodges 2020 Operations
• Cedar Creek Lodge just outside of the park is open.
• Lake McDonald Lodge and Village Inn at Apgar are now open.
• Rising Sun Motor Inn & Cabins is CLOSED for the 2020 Season. Two Dog Flats Grill and the Camp Store are open.
• Many Glacier Hotel and Swiftcurrent Motor Inn & Cabins are CLOSED for the 2020 Season.
• Red Bus Tours will not run for the 2020 season.
• For the latest information about Glacier National Park, please visit the National Park Service’s website.
• All visitors are required to wear face coverings while in the indoor public areas of our facilities and in outdoor areas where proper distancing is not possible.
We’re sorry the circumstances do not allow us to fully open our operations at Glacier National Park for the 2020 season. If you have flexibility, Xanterra operates other national park destinations that have availability this summer including the Grand Canyon and Death Valley.
Make a Reservation
It’s time to start planning your trip to Glacier National Park. Check our accommodation rates and availability easily with our convenient online reservation service or speak directly with one of our friendly representatives, 855-733-4522. We look forward to hosting you.
Rising Sun Motor Inn and Cabins: 4:00 p.m./11:00 a.m.
Swiftcurrent Motor Inn and Cabins: 4:00 p.m./11:00 a.m.
Village Inn At Apgar: 4:00 p.m./11:00 a.m.
Lake McDonald Lodge and Cabins: 4:00 p.m./11:00 a.m.
Many Glacier Hotel: 4:00 p.m./11:00 a.m.
Cedar Creek Lodge: 4:00 p.m./11:00 a.m.
*Same Day Reservations must be made by calling the property directly.
**All properties open at 12 p.m. on opening day and close at 12 p.m. closing day. No services are available prior to opening day or after closing day.
Online Payment Methods
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Carte Blanche, JCB, and Diners Club.
How To Make A Reservation
You may quickly and efficiently check real-time availability and make your reservation online for any of our lodging facilities or the Red Bus tours.
If desired, you may also contact our Central Reservations office directly:
Toll-free within the U.S. 855-SEEGLACIER (855-733-4522)
Outside the U.S. 303-265-7010
Reservations Hours Of Operation
Daily – 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Mountain Time
NOTE: The reservations office is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day, and will close at 12:00 p.m. on the day prior to each of these holidays.
For same day reservations or to reach a lodge guest, call the property direct:
Many Glacier Hotel (406) 732-4411
Swiftcurrent Motor Inn and Cabins (406) 732-5531
Rising Sun Motor Inn and Cabins (406) 732-5523
Lake McDonald Lodge and Cabins (406) 888-5431
Village Inn at Apgar (406) 888-5632
An Entrance Fee is required to enter Glacier National Park.
Ten or more rooms for the same stay are considered a Group and these requests may be submitted to Glacier Group Sales office via email.
Our rates are quoted in U.S. funds and approved by the National Park Service, so you can always be assured of an excellent value. Rates listed on the website are subject to change at any time without notice. Our rates are subject to approval by the National Park Service and the new rates are not always established at the time of booking, however your deposit will guarantee your reservation at the rate reserved. Any modifications to your reservation(s) will result in the room(s), tour(s) or shuttle(s) being subject to the current applicable rate.
- Unless otherwise noted, room rates apply per room, per night, based on double or quad occupancy, depending on the room type. Extra adult and rollaway charges apply. Children 11 and under stay free when accompanied by an adult.
- Red Bus Tour and Shuttle rates are per person based upon adult and child rates. Adults are considered 12 years of age and older. Children are ages 2-11 and infants are under the age of 2. A seat is required for all infants. Due to the historic nature of the buses, car seats are not permitted.
- All room rates are subject to applicable taxes and/or surcharges and do not include the current room tax or utility surcharge. Taxes and surcharges are subject to change. The utility surcharge will be collected at check-out on all room reservations.
- Rates are stated in U.S. dollars.
- National Park entrance fees will be collected at the Park entrance gate. Please refer to www.nps.gov/glac for fee information.
We are currently accepting reservations for stays up to 13 months in advance. On the first of each month, we will begin accepting online reservations for the entire month of the following year at midnight (12:00 am) Mountain time (Denver, CO time). For example, on September 1, we will accept reservations through September 30 of the following year. Our Central Reservations office will begin accepting reservations via phone at 7am Mountain time (Denver, CO time) on the first of each month. Advance reservations are strongly recommended for all properties. Lake McDonald Lodge and Cabins, and Many Glacier Hotel are extremely popular and sell out quickly. We do not offer waiting lists for accommodations or tours.
- The majority of our rooms are available to reserve via our online reservation system.
- Reservations for individuals may be made for up to 9 rooms.
- Ten or more rooms for the same stay are considered a Group and these requests may be submitted to Glacier Group Sales office via email.
Pets and Service Dogs
Animals or pets are not allowed, with the exception of qualified Service Dogs for guests with disabilities. Please advise your reservations agent if you are traveling with a Service Dog.
What is a Service Dog?
At Glacier National Park Lodges, a Service Dog is defined as a dog that is personally trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a guest with a disability. There are many different acceptable conditions for using a service dog, such as guiding a blind person, pulling a wheelchair, or alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, and other special tasks as defined in Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). A Service Dog is not a pet. All Service Dogs shall be up to date on all required vaccinations upon arrival at the property, and may be subject to additional rules and regulations of the National Park Service.
Are pets, Service Dogs in Training, or Emotional Support Dogs considered Service Dogs?
No. Service Dogs do not include pets or Service Dogs in Training. Nor are Emotional Support Dogs or “assistance animals” considered Service Dogs based on a decision by the U.S. Department of Justice. None of these animals will be able to stay at Glacier National Park Lodges.
Each room requires a deposit equal to the first night of your stay (plus tax). Each Red Bus Tour or Shuttle requires full payment. These deposits are required within 7 days of making the reservation, or if arriving within 14 days, the deposit/payment is required to make the reservation. When reserving online, the deposits are required at the time of reservation. You may use a Discover, JCB, American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, MasterCard or Visa and we will charge your credit card upon completion of the reservation.
The room deposit will guarantee your room reservation for an arrival beyond the applicable check-in time. The deposits will guarantee the reservation and the rate, however any modifications to your reservation(s) may result in the entire reservation being subject to the new applicable rate.
Reservations may be modified or cancelled up to 72 hours (3 days) prior to your arrival or tour date; after that date, the deposit is non-refundable.
Modify or Cancel Your Reservation
If your plans change for any reservation, you may receive a full refund of the deposit provided you cancel the reservation and obtain a cancellation number at least 3 days in advance. For room reservations, the cancellation number must be obtained at least 3 days prior to the designated check-in time and arrival date. For Red Bus Tours and Shuttles, the cancellation number must be obtained by 6:00pm Mountain time at least 3 days prior to the designated check-in date and time of the reserved tour. Room or tour reservations made within 3 days of arrival are immediately non-refundable.