Travel Advisory (updated July 16)
Glacier National Park Lodges 2020 Operations
• Cedar Creek Lodge just outside of the park is open.
• Lake McDonald Lodge and Village Inn at Apgar are now open.
• Rising Sun Motor Inn & Cabins is CLOSED for the 2020 Season. Two Dog Flats Grill and the Camp Store are open.
• Many Glacier Hotel and Swiftcurrent Motor Inn & Cabins are CLOSED for the 2020 Season.
• Red Bus Tours will not run for the 2020 season.
• For the latest information about Glacier National Park, please visit the National Park Service’s website.
• All visitors are required to wear face coverings while in the indoor public areas of our facilities and in outdoor areas where proper distancing is not possible.
We’re sorry the circumstances do not allow us to fully open our operations at Glacier National Park for the 2020 season. If you have flexibility, Xanterra operates other national park destinations that have availability this summer including the Grand Canyon and Death Valley.
About Many Glacier Hotel
Stay at the largest hotel in Glacier National Park
Many Glacier Hotel is located in the “Switzerland of North America,′′ in the northeastern area of Glacier National Park. Outside, awe-inspiring majesty. Inside, a magnificent towering lobby.
GPS Coordinates: N 48.7967298, W -113.6577702
2020 Dates – Opens: July 1, 2020 | Closes: September 15, 2020*
*All properties open at 12 p.m. on opening day and close at 12 p.m. closing day. No services are available prior to opening day or after closing day.
Built by the Great Northern Railway in 1914-15, Many Glacier Hotel is situated on the shores of Swiftcurrent Lake inside Glacier National Park. This location presents visitors with the Swiss Lounge, Heidi’s Snack Shop, the lakeside Ptarmigan Dining Room as well as a Gift Shop. Red Bus tours, boat cruises, horseback rides, evening ranger programs, and numerous other activities are available at this spectacular lakeside setting, one of the best of any of the national parks
Partially renovated in 2016, this secluded, five-story hotel contains 2 suites, 7 family rooms and 205 guest rooms offering lakeside, deluxe, standard and value lodging options. All guest rooms at Many Glacier Hotel are rustic, yet comfortable. In keeping with the era in which the hotel was built, the rooms offer guests modest amenities and old-world style accommodations. There are no televisions or air conditioning. All rooms have private bathrooms, direct dial telephones, deluxe king and queen beds or standard double and/or twin beds. Guest rooms and hotel facilities are all non-smoking. A limited number of ADA-accessible rooms are available and booked based on availability. Only designated guide, service and/or hearing companion animals are allowed in the hotel.
Book your trip
*Rates based on double occupancy except for family units. Rates and dates may change without notice. All room rates are subject to applicable taxes and/or utility surcharges and do not include the current room tax or utility surcharge. Review our Cancellation Policy
- Ready Care amenities
- Down Alternative, eco-smart pillows
- Energy efficient lighting
- Recycle bin
- Alarm clock
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Wi-Fi hotspot (very limited)
- Coffee maker
- Stationery and envelopes
- Many Glacier Hotel Gift Shop
Contact Us / Reservations
Phone: Toll-free within the U.S.: 855-SEEGLACIER (855-733-4522)
Outside the U.S.: +1-303-265-7010
GPS Coordinates: 48.796475 – 113.657502