Travel Advisory (updated July 16)
Glacier National Park Lodges 2020 Operations
• Cedar Creek Lodge just outside of the park is open.
• Lake McDonald Lodge and Village Inn at Apgar are now open.
• Rising Sun Motor Inn & Cabins is CLOSED for the 2020 Season. Two Dog Flats Grill and the Camp Store are open.
• Many Glacier Hotel and Swiftcurrent Motor Inn & Cabins are CLOSED for the 2020 Season.
• Red Bus Tours will not run for the 2020 season.
• For the latest information about Glacier National Park, please visit the National Park Service’s website.
• All visitors are required to wear face coverings while in the indoor public areas of our facilities and in outdoor areas where proper distancing is not possible.
We’re sorry the circumstances do not allow us to fully open our operations at Glacier National Park for the 2020 season. If you have flexibility, Xanterra operates other national park destinations that have availability this summer including the Grand Canyon and Death Valley.
About Rising Sun Motor Inn & Cabins
Located 6 miles west of St. Mary Visitor’s Center along the Going-to-the-Sun Road inside Glacier National Park, Rising Sun Motor Inn & Cabins sits a short drive from spectacular St. Mary Lake and is surrounded by soaring mountain peaks.
2020 Dates – Opens: July 1, 2020 | Closes: September 9, 2020*
*All properties open at 12 p.m. on opening day and close at 12 p.m. closing day. No services are available prior to opening day or after closing day.
Built in 1940, this 72-unit property is comprised of rustic cabins and motor inn rooms. Renovated in 2015, the inn and cabins are only a quarter mile from St. Mary Lake. There is a full-service restaurant called Two Dog Flats Grill, a general store, and gift shop. Red Bus tours, boat cruises and hiking are available at this central location. Located 12 miles from Logan Pass.
The Motor Inn rooms are located on the hillside overlooking the complex and feature motel-style accommodations with outside room access. Store Motel rooms are motel-style accommodations located in the same building as the general store with a shared interior hallway. Cabin rooms are duplex-style and located along the roadway which winds through the complex. Each unit offers a private bathroom with either 1 queen or 2 double (full) beds. Cooking is not permitted in or around the cabins or motel rooms.
In keeping with the era in which the rooms were built, there are no televisions, air conditioning or in-room telephones. There are, however, private bathrooms in all guest rooms. A limited number of ADA-accessible rooms are available and booked based on space available. Only designated guide, service and/or hearing companion animals are allowed in the facilities. All rooms and facilities are non-smoking.
|Store Motel Room
|Motor Inn Room
Book your trip
*Rates based on double occupancy except for family units. Rates and dates may change without notice. All room rates are subject to applicable taxes and/or utility surcharges and do not include the current room tax or utility surcharge. Review our Cancellation Policy
- Down Alternative, eco-smart pillows
- Energy efficient lighting
- Recycle bin
- Super TopperTM mattress cover
- Alarm clock
- Fan (upon request)
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Coffee maker (Store Motel Rooms excluded)
- Limited Wi-Fi hotspot
- Rising Sun Motor Inn – Gift Shop & General Store
Phone: Toll-free within the U.S.: 855-SEEGLACIER (855-733-4522)
Outside the U.S.: +1-303-265-7010
GPS Coordinates: 48.694622 – 113.518252