Thank you for your interest in working at Glacier National Parks Lodges. We employ international students participating in the Work & Travel Program with a J-1 visa each summer.

What is a J-1 Visa?

It is a student visa meant to promote goodwill and provide opportunity to gain a cultural understanding of life in the United States.  We participate in the Work and Travel Program.
We work exclusively with the following agencies. For more information about the Work and Travel Program and how to apply for a job in Glacier National Park, please visit their websites. Fees are associated with this program and not all agencies have in-country offices.


Generally, J-1 visa applicants must:

  • Be 18 – 28 years of age.
  • Be a full time student at the time of application.
  • Have a maximum 4-month work period during summer vacation.

Interviews for program participants occur between October and March, depending on the agency and country. Inquiries after this time are generally not accepted.  Glacier National Park Lodges works exclusively with the Work and Travel Program agencies listed above.  No independent offers will be made to new program applicants. Application must be made through the agency.

Return Applicants

Work and Travel Program participants who have previously worked for Glacier National Park Lodges may apply directly on our website.  Applicants must use a sponsoring agency (listed above) and qualify for a J-1 visa.  It is not necessary to attend a job fair.

Please email us if interested.